Now here’s a blast from the past. A few months ago, I got a great deal on some nail stickers from the Dollar Tree. One brand was Maybelline, and the other was Donna Michelle (the dollar tree brand). My only regret is that I didn’t put enough effort into the Maybelline stickers to make them last longer than one day.
- Align the appropriate sized nail sticker to your nail.
- Gently fold over the free edge and tear off the excess.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 for all nails.
These only lasted for the day because I didn’t bother to put a coat of clear polish to make them stay. I’d say for $1, these are great if you want to quickly change your nails for a night out. They definitely
aren’t made for prolonged wear.
CON: The nail stickers weren’t wide enough for my nails. I found myself having to use the excess sticker to cover the sides.
So for the Donna Michelle stickers, I applied those slightly differently.
Remove the nail sticker from the plastic.
- Paint a white base coat on the nails (I thought the stickers were clear).
- Align the appropriate sized nail sticker to your nail. Gently fold over the free edge and tear off the excess.
- Apply a Gel top coat and cure under LED or UV light.
- Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 for all nails.
So these did last a bit longer, I think it was about 3 days before they started to come off.
All in all, nail stickers are great if you want a quick and temporary change to your nails.