I’m really excited to share with you guys my newest voxbox. I received the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara to try. Now, before we get into what I think about it, let’s review some of the claims Marc Jacobs says this mascara can do:
- Instant volume, epic lashes – Okay, so yes, this mascara does give you a more noticeably voluminous lashes.
- 1800% more volume – So, I think this one is a bit tricky to test, unless you have a magnifying glass of course. In the picture, only my top lashes have mascara, the bottom does not. So yes, while this is a distinct difference, I can’t say it’s an 1800% difference for sure.
- The look of false lashes I agree. It does make your lashes more bold and stand out, like falsies do all the while you are still au naturale!
- Places the most volume at the hard to reach center lash line – I’m going to go with yes on this one. As you see, it looks like I’m wearing eyeliner to accompany this mascara but in fact, I am not! This is all the mascara’s doing. Personally, I like that look.
- Creates instant smudge-free length and volume in three strokes or less – It does glide on quite nicely. As far as three strokes or less, I say sometimes I was satisfied in less than three strokes, and other times, I felt like I needed more. That could completely be dependent on my application though.
DISCLAIMER: I received this product for free from influenster for testing purposes.